Aplysia sp. 1
We have examined and sequenced two western Pacific specimens, one from Okinawa and one from Vanuatu, that are morphologically and genetically consistent with species complex 2 and very similar anatomically to A. ghanimii, including similar penial and external morphologies. However, these two specimens are genetically distinct from A. ghanimii as shown in the phylogenetic (Fig. 2A) and haplotype network (Fig. 3B) analyses’ results, but also distinct from each other. In fact, the ABGD analyses recover these two animals as distinct species. Because only two specimens were sequenced, it is difficult to reach conclusions about the species diversity in this clade; additional sequences may reveal intermediate haplotypes, so that the distances recovered as interspecific in the ABGD analysis could result to be intraspecific. We have been unable to find available names in the literature for these two animals, but because of the small sample size and uncertainties about their genetic differentiation, we prefer not to name them at this stage. They are here collectively referred to as A. sp. 2.
- クロヘリアメフラシ, 生物學御研究所編. (1949). 相模湾産後鰓類図譜.
- クロヘリアメフラシ, 小野 篤司. (1999). ウミウシガイドブック.
- クロヘリアメフラシ, 鈴木敬宇. (2000). ウミウシガイドブック〈2〉.
- クロヘリアメフラシ, 小野 篤司. (2004). 沖縄のウミウシ.
- クロヘリアメフラシ, 中野 理枝. (2004). 本州のウミウシ.
- クロヘリアメフラシ, 中野 理枝. (2018). 日本のウミウシ.
- Golestani, H.; Crocetta, F.; Padula, V.; Camacho, Y.; Langeneck, J.; Poursanidis, D.; Pola, M.; Yokeş, M. B.; Cervera, J. L.; Jung, D.-W.; Gosliner, T. M.; Araya, J. F.; Hooker, J.; Schrödl, M.; Valdés, Á. (2019). The little Aplysia is coming of age: from one species to a complex of species complexes in Aplysia parvula (Mollusca: Gastropoda: Heterobranchia). Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society.