Murphydoris adusta Paz-Sedano, Smirnoff, Candás, Gosliner & Pola, 2022
MORPHOLOGYBody chocolate brown with patches between pale blue and iridescent white. Edge of notum same colour as patches with discontinuous pale-yellow coloration at border. Middle dorsal part of the body with transversal iridescent white line and yellow patch on each side. Anteriormost part of head iridescent white with chocolate brown band in middle. Rhinophores with same coloration as body. Gill branches translucent white with yellow tips, sometimes more striking on larger middle branch. Thin line of iridescent white arises from each gill base that join at beginning of tail, continuing with wide iridescent white dorsal band until end of tail. Yellowish
pigmentation may be present. Foot blueish with small brown spots.
DISTRIBUTIONIndian Ocean to Indonesia, western Pacific Ocean;
ETYMOLOGYFrom Latin adustus, perfect participle passive of aduro, brown. Murphydoris adusta refers to the dark brown colour of the body.
- Goniodoris aspersa, Helmut Debelius, Rudie H. Kuiter. (2007). Nudibranchs of the World.
- Goniodoridella sp. 6, Terrence Gosliner, Ángel Valdés and David Behrens. (2015). Nudibranch and Sea Slug Identification Indo-Pacific. New World Pubns Inc.
- Goniodoridella sp. 4, 中野 理枝. (2018). 日本のウミウシ.
- Goniodoridella sp. 6, Terrence Gosliner, Ángel Valdés and David Behrens. (2018). Nudibranch and Sea Slug Identification Indo-Pacific 2nd Edition. New World Pubns Inc.
- カイヒメウミウシ, 小野 篤司, 加藤 昌一. (2020). 新版 ウミウシ.
- Murphydoris adusta sp. nov., Paz-Sedano, S., Smirnoff, D., Candás, M., Gosliner, T.M. & Pola, M. (2022). Rediscovering the overlooked genus Murphydoris (Nudibranchia: Goniodorididae): the first phylogeny and addition of four new species. Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society. DOI: 10.1093/zoolinnean/zlab122., available online at https://doi.org/10.1093/zoolinnean/zlab122